Understanding how we work, step by step
BOOK A FREE
The Way We Work
Experts in spatial planning, we have spent a lot of time designing, specifying and supplying Kitchens, Bathrooms and Homes. We are passionate about our projects, and by getting to know you and understanding how you aspire to live, we can work together to give you a better life.
Our process is outlined, step by step, to allow you to understand the way we work and be confident that we are the right team.
Starting on a journey to refurbish part or all your home can be a daunting prospect and of course, we have a long list of terms & conditions that you probably won’t read, or might find confusing, but we have them for a reason.
Our house rules are intended for you to clearly understand what to expect from Day True and likewise, what we expect from you, as we embark on this journey together to design you a better life.
1. Commitment fee
We request a 10% commitment fee before entering the detailed design stage. We don’t sell boxes; we design spaces, which requires a unique approach. We combine our years of knowledge with our fully qualified design team to deliver spaces that go beyond the basics of a kitchen, bathroom or home -it is everything from floor to ceiling & everything in between.
2. A clear project budget
It is important that we are open from the beginning and discuss the budget, as this will save time and allow us to propose the best solution from the outset. We do not want to create a kitchen, bathroom or home that you fall in love with, which is out of your budget. We understand that sometimes unexpected factors will impact the overall budget, so it is essential to keep us informed so we can manage your expectations and amend where necessary.
3. Please pay your fees on time
We require a 50% deposit when you confirm the order with us, for us to then place all the orders with our suppliers. At this point we are committed to these costs, as many of our products are made just for you, therefore they cannot be cancelled. 14 days before the agreed delivery date, the final balance will need to be paid. If you change the delivery date for any reason, the balance will need still need to be paid, as will our suppliers who will have made and delivered everything to us by then. Failure to do this may postpone your delivery and installation. We understand delays may happen on site & we offer 2-weeks of complimentary storage at our warehouse after, which will be subject to additional storage fees. This may vary according to the volume.
4. Project timescales communication
At the start of the project, we will propose a schedule, which will include design meetings, site visits and key dates to achieve your project timeline. We will always keep you updated to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
5. Always approachable
This is one of our core values as a business and our aim is to make your journey as fun and as enjoyable as possible. We know that disruption in your home can be stressful and in reality that things don’t always go to plan, however we have years of experience in managing home renovations and therefore we know how to approach any issues that arise. Even when a project goes 100% to plan, there will be moments of stress and frustration. We have a ‘be a good human’ policy at Day True and we would ask that our clients follow this too, there is no room for being rude or aggressive in life, so we expect this to be always considered.
6. We will challenge you to be more Pirate
Another of our values, is ‘be more Pirate’ This means we will challenge the status quo and we won’t design something that we don’t believe in, therefore we ask you to commit to being very open with us during the briefing stage and provide us with as much information as possible. This will help us to push the boundaries of what can be achieved and help to create a space that is perfect for how you intend to live in the future.
7. Photography and testimonials
We are proud of all our projects as you can see on our website and social media- we like to show off! We would love to include your project in our future marketing, this may be images we take during the project and then a professional photo shoot at the end. Of course, we will share the photos, so that you can show them off to your friends! We are confident that you will write us a lovely testimonial.
8. Our guarantee of a Better Life
Our commitment to you is simple, at the end of the project we want you to have a ‘better life’. During the project we will invite you to come and try the products before you buy them (yes, even the steam room), we believe this allows you to make informed decisions all the way through the project that will make a difference. Once the project has been completed, we will be happy to come to your home to help set things up, show you how things work and we will check in with you from time to time to make sure everything is still as it should be.
How does the design process begin?
1. Let’s get up close and personal
To enable us to fully understand your project, we need:
- Your vision (mood boards, Pinterest etc)
- Project timescale
- Any floorplans or architectural drawings
- Outlined budget (or a guideline)
We also want to know about your home life, how you live it and
who you share it with.
Do you need an installer?
- For kitchens and joinery projects: we will include a dry-fit installation quote from our Day True Installers.
- For bathrooms, and larger or more complex projects: we can put you in touch with contractors, architects, surveyors, structural engineers and any other specialists that are useful to your project.
2. Let’s commit
After understanding the scope of the project and a little about you, we present an inital design concept in 4D with costings. At this stage we hope we have demostrated we are the right fit for you.
We cement our engagement by requesting 10% of the projects estimated value. The fee is non-refundable and will be credited against the balance of your order (A maximum of £5000)
This deposit will:
- commit us to each other
- enable us to dedicate our expertise to the detail of your design
3. Experience your space in 4D
As experts in spatial planning, we recommend that you experience your space in 4D*. This will give you the opportunity to stand in your house, within the space that we are designing, to give you a feel of the overall space and/or help you to decide layouts more easily.
As a minimum, we will produce 3D renders of your space, for you to visualise the designed space easily.
*4D theatre sessions are currently in our Wimbledon showroom only
4. Now it’s all in the detail
Based on the concepts that we have agreed:
- We visit the site, where possible, to verify measurements.
- We create detailed plans and elevations, including visuals and mood boards.
- We’ll invite you to “try before you buy”– to use the appliances & tech so that you can make truly informed decisions.
- We’ll provide a full product list, including pricing.
- Finally, we go through everything again in a final design meeting, agreeing any ‘tweaks’
This process will require 2 to 3 design meetings. Any additional
meetings may be subject to additional fees.
5. Dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s
We double check everything!
For projects that we are installing * and before your final ‘sign-off ’ meeting, we:
- Do a full site survey to check dimensions
- Confirm access for delivery and logistics
- Finalised our drawings and cross reference
- Present a contract to you that details and confirms everything, allowing us to schedule all delivery and installation dates.
*For supply only, it is down to your contractor to check all dimensions and access.
Once all confirmed, a deposit of 50% of the total project value is paid. This allows us to move to the ordering and manufacturing stage.
We collaborate with you to create a home that is individual to you.
Come in and see us, or call us to book a design appointment
6. Over to the team that makes it happen
- Your designer will remain your point of contact throughout your project. We all introduce you to our operations and installation team that will support in delivering your project.
- We order everything to align with the agreed delivery dates – by collating everything at our warehouse.
- We supply a final drawing pack to include all design details.
- If you are using our dedicated Day True dry-fit installation service, we co-ordinate with any relevant parties.
- We will deliver everything to site and communicate with you throughout the process.
The final balance is due 14 days before the agreed delivery date.
7. Day True installation
By working with our professional installation team, you know everything will be done in the Day True way.
- Our installers arrive when we say they will.
- They will be briefed on every detail about your project.
- Our team will install the products and liaise with other trades where necessary to ensure the project runs smoothly.
- We will also ‘snag’ the project and make sure you are happy with your fully realised design.
8. Supply only – product & design support
If you opt for supply-only, we are still on hand to discuss your design with you or your contractor.
- We will manage any product queries.
- Where our specialist recommended installers are involved, we also co-ordinate between them and you, to make sure products are delivered on time.
9. Your better life
Finally, you get to enjoy your new home.
- We will provide a care pack, which includes information on how to clean and maintain your beautiful new products.
- We will stay in touch to see how it’s going and take some photos (we love to share great projects and even win some awards).
We stand by our Day True guarantee, that our designs will give you a better life.