At Day True, we help you to choose the right appliance, ensuring that it fulfils your needs and requirements. This all depends on what you like to cook and how you like to cook it. Is a steam oven or microwave more convenient for you?
Steam ovens our directors Tony & Hayley’s preferred appliance out of the two, which work best when cooking delicate foods such as fish and vegetables. Steam is generated by boiling water and the food is cooked by the hot steam. By using a steamer, flavour, texture and nutritional value stays locked in the food. You also don’t need to add any oil or other fats- perfect for those who are focused on healthier living choices.
Microwaves are great for heating up pre-cooked foods quickly and evenly, and for cooking a wide variety of foods ranging from leftovers to frozen meals. Using electromagnetic radiation, water molecules in the food vibrate rapidly, creating heat which cooks the food.
Steam oven Vs Microwave
Benefits of cooking with a steam oven:
- It cooks your food faster whilst retaining its natural moisture
- Your food has a better texture as it remains moist. Dry heat cooking methods, such as an oven, can make your food become tough
- It doesn’t require any additional oils or fats
- It can cook different foods at once, without the flavours mixing together
- It can disinfect and sterilize items such as utensils, chopping boards, and baby bottles
Benefits of cooking with a microwave:
- It cooks your food quickly, being great for those on the go and those with a busy lifestyle
- It is more energy efficient in comparison to conventional ovens
- It preserves your foods nutrients
- They are easy to clean
If you are looking for something to heat your food quickly, a microwave may be a better choice for you. However, if you are cooking delicate foods such as vegetables, you may want to use a steam oven as it is better at preserving the foods natural moisture, texture and flavour.
Looking at versatility, microwaves can be used to cook a wider variety of foods (and even drinks) The best appliance for you purely depends on your lifestyle.
For our help, visit our ‘Get In Touch’ page and let us help you choose the right appliances for your new Day True kitchen.